Schedule and Location
Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy
5625 Holy Trinity Drive
Melbourne, Florida 32940
5000-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
Friday, December 11, 2020
5:00 p.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
5:30 p.m. – 5000-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
1500-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
Saturday, December 12, 2020
8:30 a.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
9:15 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
Click here for a list of 2020 Power Walk participants
Click here for a list of 2020 Race Walk participants
1500m Power Walk (USATF Rules) – RW026
1500m Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
5000m Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW028
5000m Power Walk (USATF Rules) – RW029
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Note: Prior to registering for the Race Walk, please be sure to be familiar with USATF. This event will be judged strictly in accordance with USATF rules for Race Walk.
2. Walking entry fee is $25 for the first event and $10 for each additional Walking event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
3. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
1. Athletes may not enter both the 5000m race and power walking events. Athletes must choose to either the power or race walk discipline.
2. 5000 Meter Race Walk and Power Walk – will be judged in accordance to USA Track & Field (USATF) rules. This race will be a 12.5 lap final on the track with splits given every 400 meters.
3. 1500 Meter Race Walk – Timed final on the track with split times at the 400M, 800M and 1200M marks.
4. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
Both the 1500-meter and 5000-meter Race Walk and Power Walk will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein. Race Walk athletes must use proper Race Walking techniques or risk disqualification. All walking athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the athlete’s numbers for the judges. All walking race numbers must be worn on the front and back and must be visible at all times. Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
Hotel information for the race & power walk competitions is forthcoming.
Registration is closed.
(386) 734-6389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 800-7188 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org