LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
Saturday, December 8, 2018 – 5K Race Walk/Power Walk
Sunday, December 9, 2019 – 1500m Race Walk
5K Road Race, Race Walk and Power Walk
Crest Lake Park
201 S. Glenwood Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33755
1500M Race Walk
Clearwater High School
540 S. Hercules Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33765
Saturday, December 8
7:30 a.m. – Check-in
8:30 a.m. – 5K Road Race competition begins
5K Race Walk and Power Walk Competition begins five minutes following the start of the 5K Road Race
Sunday, December 9
8:30 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk Check-in
9:30 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk Competition begins
*Athletes must check-in with the event clerk no later than 30 minutes prior to their event
- 1500m Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
- 5K Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW028
- 5K Power Walk (FSG Rules) – RW029
FLORIDA SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
OPEN – no qualification is necessary
- Note: Prior to registering for the Race Walk, please be sure to be familiar with USATF. This event will be judged strictly in accordance with USATF rules for Race Walk.
- Walking entry fee is $25 for the first event and $5 for each additional Walking event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- All mailed entries must be received by November 16, 2018 or register online by November 18, 2018 at www.flasports.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 18, 2018 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
- Athletes may not enter a 5K walking event and the 5K Road Race (running). Athletes must choose to either walk or run the 5K Road Race.
- 5K Race Walk – will be judged in accordance to USA Track & Field (USATF) rules.
- A USA Track & Field (USATF) certified 3.1 mile paved surface course will be used. Split times will be provided.
- 1500 Meter Race Walk – Timed final on the track with split times at the 400M, 800M and 1200M marks.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- The 2017 Bob Fine Excellence in Race Walking award will be presented to a Male and Female athlete at the conclusion of the 1500m Race Walk. This award is based upon performances from 2017 in the 5K and 1500m Race Walks at the Florida Senior Games.
- 5K Race Walk will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein.
- Race Walk athletes must use proper Race Walking techniques or risk disqualification.
- All walking athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the athlete’s numbers for the judges
- All walking race numbers must be worn on the front and back and must be visible at all times.
- Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners or athletes meeting this sport’s NSGA minimum performance standards in competition at the 2018 Florida Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games.
- Power Walk is not a National Qualifying event.
- Athletes that qualify in either the 1500-meter or 5K Race Walk at the 2018 Florida Senior Games may compete in both events at the 2017 National Senior Games.
5K Power Walk/Race Walk
Jason Hendrix: (850) 488-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
EVENT DIRECTOR 1500M
Tony Tussing: (386) 734-6389 or email@example.com