Schedule and Location
1500 Meter Race Walk and Power Walk – Sunday, December 12, 2021
5K Race Walk and Power Walk – Saturday, December 11, 2021
1500 Meter Race Walk and Power Walk Location
Ansin Sports Complex
10801 Miramar Blvd.
Miramar, Florida 33025
5K Race Walk and Power Walk Location
Vista View Park
4001 SW 142nd Avenue
Davie, Florida 33330
Schedule for 5K Race Walk and Power Walk
Saturday, December 11
7:30 a.m. – 5K Race Walk/Power Walk Check-in – Vista View Park does not open until 7:30 a.m.
8:30 a.m. – 5K Race Walk/Power competition begins
5K Race Walk and Power Walk Competition will start at the discretion of the Race Director
1500m Power Walk (USATF Rules) – RW026
1500m Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
5K Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW028
5K Power Walk (USATF Rules) – RW029
List of Registered Power Walk Athletes (As of November 17)
List of Registered Race Walk Athletes (As of November 14)
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Note: Prior to registering for the Race Walk, please be sure to be familiar with USATF Rules. This event will be judged strictly in accordance with USATF rules for Race Walk.
2. Walking entry fee is $25 for the first event and $10 for each additional Walking event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $35 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
3. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 15, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
1. Athletes may not enter both the race and power walking events. Athletes must choose either the power or race walk discipline.
2. 5K Race Walk and Power Walk – will be judged in accordance to USA Track & Field (USATF) rules. This race will be a 3.1 mile road race course with splits given each mile.
3. 1500 Meter Race Walk – Timed final on the track with split times at the 400M, 800M and 1200M marks.
4. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
Both the 1500-meter and 5K Race Walk and Power Walk will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein. Race Walk athletes must use proper Race Walking techniques or risk disqualification. All walking athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the athlete’s numbers for the judges. All walking race numbers must be worn on the front and back and must be visible at all times. Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
(386) 734-6389 or email@example.com
(850) 800-7188 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com