Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 7, 2019 – 5K Race Walk/Power Walk
Sunday, December 15, 2019 – 1500m Race Walk
5K Road Race, Race Walk and Power Walk
Vista View Park
4001 SW 142nd Ave.
Davie, Florida 33330
To view the 2019 course map, click here.
1500M Race Walk
Ansin Sports Complex
10801 Miramar Blvd.
Miramar, Florida 33025
Saturday, December 7
7:30 a.m. – Check-in
8:30 a.m. – 5K Road Race competition begins
5K Race Walk and Power Walk Competition begins five minutes following the start of the 5K Road Race
Sunday, December 15
8:30 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk Check-in
9:30 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk Competition begins
*Athletes must check-in with the event clerk no later than 30 minutes prior to their event
1500m Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
5K Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW028
5K Power Walk (FSG Rules) – RW029
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Note: Prior to registering for the Race Walk, please be sure to be familiar with USATF. This event will be judged strictly in accordance with USATF rules for Race Walk.
2. Walking entry fee is $25 for the first event and $10 for each additional Walking event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
3. All mailed entries must be received by November 15, 2019 or register online by November 17, 2019 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 17, 2019 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
4. Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
1. Athletes may not enter a 5K walking event and the 5K Road Race (running). Athletes must choose to either walk or run the 5K Road Race.
2. 5K Race Walk – will be judged in accordance to USA Track & Field (USATF) rules.
3. A USA Track & Field (USATF) certified 3.1 mile paved surface course will be used. Split times will be provided.
4. 1500 Meter Race Walk – Timed final on the track with split times at the 400M, 800M and 1200M marks.
5. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
6. The 2018 Bob Fine Excellence in Race Walking award will be presented to a Male and Female athlete at the conclusion of the 1500m Race Walk. This award is based upon performances from 2018 in the 5K and 1500m Race Walks at the Florida Senior Games. The 2018 Bob Fine Excellence in Race Walking award are Karl Hughes (male) and Sharon Haley (female).
5K Race Walk will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein.Race Walk athletes must use proper Race Walking techniques or risk disqualification.All walking athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the athlete’s numbers for the judgesAll walking race numbers must be worn on the front and back and must be visible at all times.Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
CLICK HERE to register online for 2019 Florida Senior Games Race Walk/Power Walk
CLICK HERE to download the registration form and individual waiver to register by mail.
To access the 2019 Florida Senior Games hotel survey, click here.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 488-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com