Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 9 & Sunday, December 10, 2023
St. Leo University Health and Fitness Center
33701 County Road 52
St. Leo, Florida 33574
Daily Schedule of Events
Saturday, December 9
Sunshine State Games events for all ages to be held. Florida Senior Games are invited to compete.
Sunday, December 10
Florida Senior Games events for athletes age 50 and over.
Locations, Dates and Times are subject to change.
Singles – BD005
Doubles – BD006
Mixed Doubles – BD007
CLICK HERE for a listing of registered athletes (updated in real time)
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualifying performance required
1. Badminton entry fee for Florida residents is $25 for the first two events and $15 for a third event. Entry fee for non-Florida residents is $45 for the first two events and $15 for a third event.
2. All entries must be received by December 1, 2023. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director.
3. Participants may enter all three events, but only once in each event.
4. The age division of competition is determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31, 2023. Doubles and Mixed Doubles teams age groups will be determined by the younger age of the two partners, as of December 31, 2023.
5. Competitors must bring their own racquets. Feather shuttles will be provided.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your name from the list.”
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with a consolation bracket for first round losers.
2. Event Director reserves the right to alter the format, including the use of a round-robin format, based upon participant numbers.
3. Whichever side wins two games first, wins the match.
4. All games will be 21 points. Players must win by a minimum of two points, unless player has reached 30 points.
5. Rally scoring, in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules & regulations, will govern play.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules, but may be modified at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the 2023 Florida Senior Games Rule Book.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2023 is not a qualifying year for the 2025 National Senior Games
Hotel information is forthcoming.
CLICK HERE to Register.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
(305) 798-2816 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(305) 903-2407 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org