Schedule and Location
Sunday, December 5, 2021
Shula’s Athletic Club
15150 Bull Run Road
Miami Lakes, Florida 33014
8:00 a.m.–8:30 a.m.: Check-in
9:00 a.m.: Competition begins
Locations, Dates and Times are subject to change.
Singles – BD005
Doubles – BD006
Mixed Doubles – BD007
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualifying performance required
1. Badminton entry fee for Florida residents is $25 for the first two events and $15 for a third event. Entry fee for non-Florida residents is $45 for the first two events and $15 for a third event. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
2. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 15, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
3. Participants may enter all three events, but only once in each event.
4. The age division of competition is determined by the athlete’s age as of December 31, 2021. Doubles and Mixed Doubles teams age groups will be determined by the younger age of the two partners, as of December 31, 2021.
5. Competitors must bring their own racquets. Feather shuttles will be provided.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your name from the list.”
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with a consolation bracket for first round losers.
2. Event Director reserves the right to alter the format, including the use of a round-robin format, based upon participant numbers.
3. Whichever side wins two games first, wins the match.
4. All games will be 21 points. Players must win by a minimum of two points, unless player has reached 30 points.
5. Rally scoring, in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules & regulations, will govern play.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules, but may be modified at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
CLICK HERE for Badminton Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for Registration Information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
(305) 798-2816 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(305) 903-2407 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org