Schedule and Location
Sunday, December 5, 2021
Shula’s Athletic Club
15150 Bull Run Road
Miami Lakes, Florida 33014
8:00 a.m.–8:30 a.m.: Check-in
9:00 a.m.: Competition begins
Locations, Dates and Times are subject to change.
Singles – BD005
Doubles – BD006
Mixed Doubles – BD007
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualifying performance required
1. Badminton entry fee is $25 for the first two events and $15 for third event for Florida residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
2. All entries must be received by November 20, 2021 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
3. Participants my enter all three events, but only once in each event.
4. The age division of competition for Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
5. Competitors must bring their own racquets. Feather shuttles will be provided.
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with a consolation bracket for first round losers.
2. Event Director reserves the right to alter the format, including the use of a round-robin format, based upon participant numbers.
3. Whichever side wins two games first, wins the match.
4. All games will be 21 points. Players must win by a minimum of two points, unless player has reached 30 points.
5. Rally scoring, in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules & regulations, will govern play.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules, but may be modified at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
Hotel information for the badminton competition is forthcoming.
Registration for the 2021 Florida Senior Games is forthcoming.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
(305) 798-2816 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(305) 903-2407 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org