Schedule and Location
8:00 a.m.–8:30 a.m.: Check-in
9:00 a.m.: Competition begins
Singles – BD005
Doubles – BD006
Mixed Doubles – BD007
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualifying performance required
1. Badminton entry fee is $25 for the first two events and $15 for third event for Florida residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at http://www.floridaseniorgames.com and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
2. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
3. Participants my enter all three events, but only once in each event.
4. The age division of competition for Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
5. Competitors must bring their own racquets. Feather shuttles will be provided.
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with a consolation bracket for first round losers.
2. Event Director reserves the right to alter the format, including the use of a round-robin format, based upon participant numbers.
3. Whichever side wins two games first, wins the match.
4. All games will be 21 points. Players must win by a minimum of two points, unless player has reached 30 points.
5. Rally scoring, in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules & regulations, will govern play.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Badminton (USAB) rules, but may be modified at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
Hotel information for the badminton competition is forthcoming.
Registration for the 2020 Florida Senior Games is forthcoming.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(305) 798-2816 or email@example.com
(305) 903-2407 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7201 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org