Schedule and Location
December 16-19, 2021
Country Club of Coral Springs
10800 West Sample Road
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
Daily Schedule (Start Times TBA)
Thursday, December 16
Men’s Singles – All Ages
Women’s Singles – All Ages
Friday, December 17
Women’s Doubles – All Ages
Men’s Doubles – Age 70 plus
Saturday, December 18
Men’s Doubles – Ages 50-69
Sunday, December 19
Mixed Doubles All Ages
**Schedule is subject to change. Format may be adjusted.**
Singles – PK001
Doubles – PK002
Mixed Doubles – PK003
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifier site. Participants that qualify in one Pickleball event are eligible for all Pickleball events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to the Florida resident divisions)..
1. Pickleball entry fee is $30 and $5 for each event entered for Florida residents. Entry fee is $35 and $7 for each event entered for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
2. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 15, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31 of the competition year.
4. Competitors must bring their own paddles. Pickleballs will be provided.
5. Green Dura outdoor balls will be used during competition.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your name from the list.”
1. Double elimination is planned. Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on number of tournament entries.
2. Matches in the winners bracket will be best two out of three games. Games are played to 11 points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
3. Matches in the losers bracket will be one game to 15 points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
4. Teams and players will not be seeded. Brackets will be determined by a random draw.
5. Any event (age class) that does not have at least two entries (teams or individuals) may be combined with another division or cancelled at the discretion of the Event Director.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)/International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) rules found online at www.usapa.org, except as modified.
2. A coin flip will determine first choice of service or side. If the winner chooses to serve or receive, the loser picks starting side. If the winner chooses starting side, the loser chooses to serve or receive. Sides and initial service will be switched upon completion of each game. Sides will be switched in a third game (if the match is 2 out of 3 games) after the first team reaches a score of 6 points. Serve remains with the player holding serve.
3. All questionable calls must be resolved in favor of the opponent.
4. Served balls clearing the non-volley zone and landing on any service court line except the non-volley zone line are good.
5. Balls in play landing on any side or back court line are good.
6. All serves must be made underhand at or below the servers waist (i.e. contact with the ball must be made at or below the server’s waist). Underhand is defined as the paddle head shall be below the hand when striking the ball.
7. Players will be responsible for calling their own lines up until at least the final match in each age class. Line officials may be provided for the final match in each age class at the discretion of the Event Director.
8. When net systems have a horizontal bar that may include a center base: If the ball hits the horizontal bar or the center base before going over the net, it is a fault. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the horizontal bar, IT IS A LET AND MUST BE REPLAYED. If the ball goes over the net and then hits center base or the ball gets caught between the net and the horizontal bar before touching the court, it is a let and must be replayed.
9. All matches will be played outdoors.
10. Format changes are at the discretion of the Event Director.
CLICK HERE for Pickleball Hotel information
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or email@example.com
(954) 439-2900 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com