REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Schedule and Location
Monday, December 7-Friday, December 11, 2020
Sarah Vande Berg Tennis and Wellness Center
6585 Simons Road
Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Click here to see the Venue Menu for Food and spa packages.
Monday, December 7: Men’s and Woman’s Singles- All Ages
Tuesday, December 8: Men’s Doubles Ages 50-74
Wednesday, December 9: Women’s Doubles and Men’s Doubles 75 and Older
Thursday, December 10: Mixed Doubles- 50-64
Friday, December 11: Mixed Doubles 65 and older
**Schedule is subject to change. Format may be adjusted.**
Click here for Event and Age Group Start Times (posted 11/30)
Click here for a list of 2020 Pickleball participants
Singles – PK001 – REGISTRATION CLOSED – full capacity has been reached.
Doubles – PK002 – REGISTRATION CLOSED – full capacity has been reached.
Mixed Doubles – PK003 – REGISTRATION CLOSED – full capacity has been reached.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. Pickleball entry fee is $25 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
2. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners as of December 31 of the competition year.
4. Competitors must bring their own paddles. Pickleballs will be provided.
5. Green Dura outdoor balls will be used during competition.
1. Double elimination is planned. Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on number of tournament entries.
2. Matches in the winners bracket will be best two out of three games. Games are played to 11 points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
3. Matches in the losers bracket will be one game to 15 points, but must continue until one player or team achieves a two-point margin.
4. Teams and players will not be seeded. Brackets will be determined by a random draw.
5. Any event (age class) that does not have at least two entries (teams or individuals) may be combined with another division or cancelled at the discretion of the Event Director.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Pickleball Association (USAPA)/International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) rules found online at www.usapa.org, except as modified.
2. A coin flip will determine first choice of service or side. If the winner chooses to serve or receive, the loser picks starting side. If the winner chooses starting side, the loser chooses to serve or receive. Sides and initial service will be switched upon completion of each game. Sides will be switched in a third game (if the match is 2 out of 3 games) after the first team reaches a score of 6 points. Serve remains with the player holding serve.
3. All questionable calls must be resolved in favor of the opponent.
4. Served balls clearing the non-volley zone and landing on any service court line except the non-volley zone line are good.
5. Balls in play landing on any side or back court line are good.
6. All serves must be made underhand at or below the servers waist (i.e. contact with the ball must be made at or below the server’s waist). Underhand is defined as the paddle head shall be below the hand when striking the ball.
7. Players will be responsible for calling their own lines up until at least the final match in each age class. Line officials may be provided for the final match in each age class at the discretion of the Event Director.
8. When net systems have a horizontal bar that may include a center base: If the ball hits the horizontal bar or the center base before going over the net, it is a fault. If the ball goes over the net and then hits the horizontal bar, IT IS A LET AND MUST BE REPLAYED. If the ball goes over the net and then hits center base or the ball gets caught between the net and the horizontal bar before touching the court, it is a let and must be replayed.
9. All matches will be played outdoors.
10. Format changes are at the discretion of the Event Director.
Click here to access hotel information for the pickleball competition.
Registration is closed.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com