Schedule and Location
Friday, December 11-Sunday, December 13, 2020
Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy
5625 Holy Trinity Drive
Melbourne, Florida 32940
Click here for a list of 2020 Track and Field participants by event
Click here for Field Events Order and Participation
Discus – TF053
High Jump – TF055
Javelin – TF058
Long Jump – TF054
Shot Put – TF056
Triple Jump – TF057
Pole Vault – TF068
Hammer – TF069 – CANCELED FOR 2020
50-meter – TF060
100-meter – TF061
200-meter – TF062
400-meter – TF063
800-meter – TF064
1500-meter – TF065
1500-meter Power Walk (USATF Rules) – RW026
1500-meter Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
4 x 100-meter relay – No pre-registration
***Please note, the HAMMER THROW for 2020 has been canceled. ***
Run of Meet
Friday, December 11
5:00 p.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
5:30 p.m. – 5000-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
5:45 p.m. – Hammer throw – CANCELED FOR 2020
Saturday, December 12 – Running Events
8:30 a.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
9:15 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
9:45 a.m. – 50-meter
10:15 a.m. – 800-meter
10:45 a.m. – 100-meter
11:30 a.m. – 400-meter
12:15 p.m. – 1500-meter
12:15 p.m. – On-site Registration for relays closes
1:00 p.m. – 200-meter
Relays to follow immediately after the 200.
Sunday, December 13 – Field Events
7:30 a.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
7:30 a.m. – Implement Weigh-in
8:00 a.m. – Long Jump and Discus
9:30 a.m. – High Jump
12:30 p.m. – Javelin
1:00 p.m. – Pole Vault
2:00 p.m. – Shot Put and Triple Jump
*All athletes must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to their event. The gender and age group grouping order will be determined upon final registration. Be sure to check which age groups and gender go first and what the following order will be.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. Track & Field entry fee is $25 for the first event and $8 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
2. The 4 x 100 relay is open to all athletes registered for track & field and is not subject to additional entry fees. Relay teams may only register on-site by designated time above on Sunday. Relay registration requires all four names and ages listed on a slip of paper obtained from and turned into the clerk no later than the time listed above. Relay age grouping will be determined by the youngest runners age. No co-ed relays.
3. The 1500m Race Walk does not require qualification. Refer to the Race Walking section of this booklet and make yourself aware of the Race Walk rules prior to registering for this event.
4. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
5. All track contestants must provide their qualifying time or distance in the section labeled “Other” on the individual entry form. Entries will not be processed without a qualifying time or distance for each track event. For athletes who have not qualified, please list your best performance this year.
6. Runners may use running flats or 1/8” spikes. All track and field event athletes must wear shoes.
7. All footwear and apparel must be provided by the athlete and must comply with USATF Rule 143. All athletes must wear some type of shirt at all times.
8. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm they are registered for the correct events by visiting www.floridaseniorgames.com or calling 850-488-8347.
All Track events are timed finals.
1. Certified implements will be provided for all events and age groups. In addition, athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements, provided they have been certified by the weigh-in official. Athlete’s must check-in their implements at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their competition. Athletes who wish to use their own implements shall agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to, marking, impounding, etc.
2. Athletes entered in two events scheduled for the same time must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to the designated start time for both events. Every effort will be made to accommodate athletes with conflicting schedules, however, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make officials aware of any conflicts within a reasonable period of time.
3. All Track events will be held on a 8-lane synthetic surface.
4. Athletes will have 30 minutes to warm up prior to the start of a field event up to 15 minutes of the start when only the upcoming flight may warm up. There will be 15 minutes of warm up between age group or gender flights in field events only.
5. All running athletes must check into the clerk 30 minutes prior to running or possibly be scratched from the event.
6. For all horizontal jump and throwing events, athletes will only be allowed three attempts.
7. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. This meet will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field (USATF) rules, except as modified herein.
2. Following are the weights of the various implements to be used for each gender and age category:
• Javelin: M50+/700g; M60+/600g; M70+/500g; M80+/400g; W50+/500g; W75+/400g
• Shotput: M50+/6kg; M60+/5kg; M70+/4kg; M80+/3kg; W50+/3kg, W75+/2k
• Discus: M50+/1.5kg; M60+/1.0kg; W50+ 1.0 kg; W75+/.75kg
3. 4 x 100-meter relay team age divisions will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31 of the competition year.
Click here to access hotel information for the track & field competition.
Registration is closed.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com