Tentative Schedule and Location – SUBJECT TO CHANGE
Friday, December 8 – Sunday, December 10, 2023
Cypress Creek High School
8701 Old Pasco Road
Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Discus – TF053
High Jump – TF055
Javelin – TF058
Long Jump – TF054
Shot Put – TF056
Triple Jump – TF057
Pole Vault – TF068
50-meter – TF060
100-meter – TF061
200-meter – TF062
400-meter – TF063
800-meter – TF064
1500-meter – TF065
1500-meter Power Walk (USATF Rules) – RW026
1500-meter Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
4 x 100-meter relay – No pre-registration
Run of Meet
Friday, December 8
Time TBD: Javelin Throw
Saturday, December 9 – Field Events
7:30 a.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
7:30 a.m. – Implement Weigh-in
8:00 a.m. – Long Jump and Discus
10:00 a.m. – High Jump
11:00 a.m. – Pole Vault
2:00 p.m. – Shot Put and Triple Jump
Sunday, December 10 – Running Events
8:30 a.m. – Athlete Check-in Open
9:15 a.m. – 1500-meter Race Walk / Power Walk
9:45 a.m. – 50-meter
10:15 a.m. – 800-meter
10:45 a.m. – 100-meter
11:30 a.m. – 400-meter
12:15 p.m. – 1500-meter
12:15 p.m. – On-site Registration for relays closes
1:00 p.m. – 200-meter
Relays to follow immediately after the 200.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
The top 5 finishers in each age group at Florida Senior Games Series Qualifier will qualify for the 2023 Florida Senior Games. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to Florida residents).
1. Track & Field entry fee is $25 for the first event and $8 for each additional event for Florida residents (Non-qualified Florida resident athletes fees are $10 extra). Entry fee is $35 for the first event and $8 for each additional event for non-residents (Non-qualified out-of-state athletes are $15 extra).
2. The 4 x 100 relay is open to all athletes registered for track & field and is not subject to additional entry fees. Relay teams may only register on-site by designated time above on Sunday. Relay registration requires all four names and ages listed on a slip of paper obtained from and turned into the clerk no later than the time listed above. Relay age grouping will be determined by the youngest runners age. No co-ed relays.
3. The 1500m Race Walk does not require qualification. Refer to the Race Walk page and make yourself aware of the Race Walk rules prior to registering for this event.
4. All entries must be received by November 14, 2023. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after the November 14, 2023 deadline may be subject to a $10 late fee. NO REFUNDS.
5. All track contestants must provide their qualifying time or distance in the section labeled “Other” on the individual entry form. Entries will not be processed without a qualifying time or distance for each track event. For athletes who have not qualified, please list your best performance this year.
6. Runners may use running flats or 1/8” spikes. All track and field event athletes must wear shoes.
7. All footwear and apparel must be provided by the athlete and must comply with USATF Rule 143. All athletes must wear some type of shirt at all times.
All Track events are timed finals.
1. Certified implements will be provided for all events and age groups. In addition, athletes shall be permitted to use their own implements, provided they have been certified by the weigh-in official. Athlete’s must check-in their implements at least 30 minutes prior to the start of their competition. Athletes who wish to use their own implements shall agree to all certification procedures including but not limited to, marking, impounding, etc.
2. Athletes entered in two events scheduled for the same time must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to the designated start time for both events. Every effort will be made to accommodate athletes with conflicting schedules, however, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make officials aware of any conflicts within a reasonable period of time.
3. All Track events will be held on a 8-lane synthetic surface.
4. Athletes will have 30 minutes to warm up prior to the start of a field event up to 15 minutes of the start when only the upcoming flight may warm up. There will be 15 minutes of warm up between age group or gender flights in field events only.
5. All running athletes must check into the clerk 30 minutes prior to running or possibly be scratched from the event.
6. For all horizontal jump and throwing events, athletes will only be allowed three attempts.
7. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
1. This meet will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field (USATF) rules, except as modified herein.
2. Following are the weights of the various implements to be used for each gender and age category:
• Javelin: M50+/700g; M60+/600g; M70+/500g; M80+/400g; W50+/500g; W75+/400g
• Shotput: M50+/6kg; M60+/5kg; M70+/4kg; M80+/3kg; W50+/3kg, W75+/2k
• Discus: M50+/1.5kg; M60+/1.0kg; W50+ 1.0 kg; W75+/.75kg
3. 4 x 100-meter relay team age divisions will be determined by the age of the youngest team member as of December 31 of the competition year.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the 2023 Florida Senior Games Rule Book.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2023 IS NOT a qualifying year for the 2025 National Senior Games.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
CLICK HERE to Register.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(386) 734-6389 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org