Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 5-Thursday, December 10, 2020
Innisbrook Tennis Complex
36750 US Highway 19 North
Palm Harbor, Florida 34684
Singles: Saturday, December 5 and Sunday, December 6
Men’s and Women’s Doubles: Monday, December 7 and Tuesday, December 8
Mixed Doubles: Wednesday, December 9 and Thursday, December 10
Click here for a list of start times by event and 2020 Tennis participant list
Singles – TN051
Doubles – TN052
Mixed Doubles – TN053
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. Tennis entry fee is $30 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $35 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
2. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. An event is defined as Singles, Doubles or Mixed Doubles.
4. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the youngest age of the two partners.
5. Athletes must provide their own racquets and practice balls. Competition balls will be provided.
6. Participants may compete in a maximum of two events only.
7. Entrants must enter their partner’s name in the column labeled “Partner”.
8. Proper Tennis attire required. Tennis shoes only. No tank tops, swimsuits or denim.
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with first round consolation.
2. The Event Director reserves the right to modify tournament format.
3. Event Director reserves the right to modify any draw.
4. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
5. Clay Courts (Har-Tru) will be used for all play.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USTA rules, except as modified herein.
2. If an athlete is entered in more than one tennis event, a situation may arise wherein they will have to play more than the USTA recommended number of matches in any given day. Attempts will be made to schedule in such a manner to avoid conflicts between events. However, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make conflicts known to the Event Director with sufficient time in order to reschedule or withdraw.
3. As a principle, play should be continuous, from the time the match starts (when the first service of the match is put in play) until the match finishes:
a. Between points, a maximum of twenty 20 seconds are allowed. This rule does not apply while a player chases stray balls.
b. When players change ends at the end of a game, a maximum of 90 seconds are allowed. Between the first and second set, a maximum of 120 seconds are allowed.
c. However, after the first game of each set and during a tie-break game, play shall be continuous and players shall change ends without a rest.
d. A five-minute break between the second set and the match tie-break set, if required, is permissible.
4. Matches shall be the best of three sets using regular scoring. The first two sets are tie-break sets, first to win six games wins that set, provided there is a margin of two games. If the score reaches six games all, a tie-break game will be played (first to win seven points with a two point margin wins the set). In the event a third set is required, it will be a USTA Match Tie Break Set, first to win 10 points by a margin of two points. All tie-breaks will use the Coman method of rotation. Ends are changed after the first point, then every four points (i.e. rotate after 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, points etc.). Also, change ends at the conclusion of all set tie breaks.
Click here to access hotel information for the tennis competition.
Click here to register for the 2020 Florida Senior Games Tennis Championships.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(240) 446-5171 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org