Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 4 – Thursday, December 9, 2021
Tennis Center of Coral Springs
2575 Sportsplex Drive
Coral Springs, Florida 33065
December 4-5, 2021: Men’s and Women’s Singles
December 6-7, 2021: Men’s and Women’s Doubles
December 8-9, 2021: Mixed Doubles
Singles – TN051
Doubles – TN052
Mixed Doubles – TN053
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – No qualification necessary, as of November 4, 2021.
List of Registered Tennis Athletes (As of November 17)
1. Tennis entry fee is $30 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for Florida residents (Non-qualified Florida resident athletes are $10 extra). Entry fee is $40 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents (Non-qualified out-of-state athletes are an extra $15). Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check
2. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 15, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event. An event is defined as Singles, Doubles or Mixed Doubles.
4. The age division of competition for doubles and mixed doubles will be determined by the youngest age of the two partners.
5. Athletes must provide their own racquets and practice balls. Competition balls will be provided.
6. Participants may compete in a maximum of two events only.
7. Entrants must enter their partner’s name in the column labeled “Partner”.
8. Proper Tennis attire required. Tennis shoes only. No tank tops, swimsuits or denim.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your name from the list.”
1. Tournament format will be single elimination with first round consolation.
2. The Event Director reserves the right to modify tournament format.
3. Event Director reserves the right to modify any draw.
4. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents.
5. Clay Courts (Har-Tru) will be used for all play.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USTA rules, except as modified herein.
2. If an athlete is entered in more than one tennis event, a situation may arise wherein they will have to play more than the USTA recommended number of matches in any given day. Attempts will be made to schedule in such a manner to avoid conflicts between events. However, it is the responsibility of the athlete to make conflicts known to the Event Director with sufficient time in order to reschedule or withdraw.
3. As a principle, play should be continuous, from the time the match starts (when the first service of the match is put in play) until the match finishes:
a. Between points, a maximum of twenty 20 seconds are allowed. This rule does not apply while a player chases stray balls.
b. When players change ends at the end of a game, a maximum of 90 seconds are allowed. Between the first and second set, a maximum of 120 seconds are allowed.
c. However, after the first game of each set and during a tie-break game, play shall be continuous and players shall change ends without a rest.
d. A five-minute break between the second set and the match tie-break set, if required, is permissible.
4. Matches shall be the best of three sets using regular scoring. The first two sets are tie-break sets, first to win six games wins that set, provided there is a margin of two games. If the score reaches six games all, a tie-break game will be played (first to win seven points with a two point margin wins the set). In the event a third set is required, it will be a USTA Match Tie Break Set, first to win 10 points by a margin of two points. All tie-breaks will use the Coman method of rotation. Ends are changed after the first point, then every four points (i.e. rotate after 1st, 5th, 9th, 13th, points etc.). Also, change ends at the conclusion of all set tie breaks.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
Lew Wolfe (754) 235-6031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com