Schedule and Location
5K Road Race
Friday, December 8, 2023
Location to be determined.
Schedule for 5K Race Walk
6:00-6:45 p.m.: Check-in
7:00 p.m.: Race begins
1500 Meter Power Walk
Sunday, December 10, 2023
Cypress Creek High School
8701 Old Pasco Road
Wesley Chapel, Florida 33544
Schedule for 1500 meter Race Walk
8:00-8:45 a.m.: Check-in
9:15 a.m.: Race begins
1500m Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW027
5K Race Walk (USATF Rules) – RW028
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Note: Prior to registering for the Race Walk, please be sure to be familiar with USATF Rules. This event will be judged strictly in accordance with USATF rules for Race Walk.
2. Walking entry fee is $25 for the first event and $10 for each additional Walking event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $35 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
3. All entries must be received by a November, 2023 date to be determined. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after the November, 2023 deadline date will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
1. Athletes may not enter both the race and power walking events. Athletes must choose either the power or race walk discipline.
2. 5K Race Walk will be judged in accordance to USA Track & Field (USATF) rules. This race will be a 3.1 mile road race course with splits given each mile.
3. 1500 Meter Race Walk – Timed final on the track with split times at the 400M, 800M and 1200M marks.
4. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
The 1500-meter and 5K Race Walk will be conducted in accordance with USATF rules, except as modified herein. Race Walk athletes must use proper Race Walking techniques or risk disqualification. All walking athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the athlete’s numbers for the judges. All walking race numbers must be worn on the front and back and must be visible at all times. Competitors must pass through the entire finish chute to qualify as an official finisher.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the 2022 Florida Senior Games Rule Book.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2023 is not a qualifying year for the 2025 National Senior Games.
Hotel information is forthcoming.
Registration will be available by September 1, 2023.
(386) 734-6389 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org