Schedule and Location
5K and 10K Time Trials
Tuesday, December 7, 2021
Fort DeSoto Park
3500 Pinellas Bayway S
Tierra Vierde, Florida 33715
5K Time Trials Start Time: 8:00 a.m.
10K Time Trials Start Time: 9:30 (approximately)
20K and 40K Road Race
Dates and Location
20K and 40K Road Races: Saturday, December 4
Intersection of SE Bridge Road (Martin County Road 708) and SW Pratt Whitney Road (Martin County Road 711). This location is west of Interstate 95 (Exit 96) and the Florida Turnpike.
Parking is available at Christ Fellowship Church, located at 10205 SW Pratt Whitney Road, Stuart 34997.
CLICK HERE for a 20K/40K Road Race Course Map.
5K Time Trials – CY021
10K Time Trials – CY022
5K Time Trials Recumbent – CYR01
10K Time Trials Recumbent – CYR02
5K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent – CYM01
10K Time Trials Enclosed RecumbentMa– CYM02
20K Road Race, Saturday, December 4 – 8:00 a.m.
All event times, locations, and courses are subject to change.
List of Registered Cycling Athletes (As of November 17)
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – No qualification necessary, as of November 4, 2021.
1. Cycling entry fee is $40 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents (Non-qualified Florida resident athletes are $10 extra). Entry fee is $50 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents (Non-qualified out-of-state athletes are $15 extra). Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
2. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 15, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee and will be subject to a $60 day of competition late fee.
3. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
4. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
1. Starting times for the time trials will be at equal intervals, usually one minute, but no less than thirty seconds. No allowances will be made for mishaps, mechanical or otherwise.
2. Starting order for the time trials will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
3. Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent divisions will begin prior to the youngest male rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest.
4. Time Trials Recumbent divisions will begin following the oldest female rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
5. If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
6. The start sheet with the starting order and appointed starting times will be available for the rider’s perusal at least one hour before the start of each event.
7. The road races will be a staggered start by age divisions, youngest male divisions to oldest female divisions. The Event Director reserves the right to combine divisions as necessary.
8. The Time Trials will be held on a 5K and 10K out and back road course.
9. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes, if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S. Cycling Federation (USCF) rules, except as modified herein.
2. Helmets are mandatory (CPSC, ANSI, or SNELL approved with sticker affixed).
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted. Recumbent bicycles may only race within the 5K and 10K Time Trials Recumbent Bicycle Division. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. There may be no protective shield, faring, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF. Bicycles with such modifications can be approved to participate in the 5K and 10K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent Bicycle Divisions ONLY. Motors are not permitted in any classification.
5. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
6. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start, but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
7. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
8. In time trial events, no rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or two meters (seven feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
9. No restarts are permitted.
CLICK HERE for 5K/10K Time Trials Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for 20K/40K Road Race Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
5K/10K Time Trials
20K/40K Road Races
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com