Schedule and Location
20K and 40K Road Races
Saturday, December 2, 2023
San Antonio Elementary School
32416 Darby Road
Dade City, FL 33525
CLICK HERE for a course map of the 20K/40K Road Race. The Red Pin is the start finish line on Darby Road.
Schedule for Saturday, December 2
Check-In: 7:00 – 7:50 a.m.
Competition Begins: 8:00 a.m.
5K and 10K Time Trials
Sunday, December 3, 2023
Florida Polytechnic University
4700 Research Way
Lakeland, FL 33805
Parking: On Research Way near the west junction of Research Way and University Blvd. This is just west of western entrance to Florida Polytechnic University. Parking is free. Time Trial start line is at a location outside of the actual campus.
Schedule for Sunday, December 3
All event times, locations, and courses are subject to change.
5K Time Trials – CY021
10K Time Trials – CY022
5K Time Trials Recumbent – CYR01
10K Time Trials Recumbent – CYR02
5K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent – CYM01
10K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent– CYM02
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
The top 5 finishers in each age group at a 2023 Florida Senior Games Series Qualifier will qualify for the 2023 Florida Senior Games. Participants that qualify in one event are eligible for all Cycling events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to Florida residents).
1. Cycling entry fee is $40 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents (Non-qualified Florida resident athletes are $10 extra). Entry fee is $50 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents (Non-qualified out-of-state athletes are $15 extra). Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times.
2. All entries must be received by a November, 2023 date to be determined. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after the November, 2023 deadline date will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee and will be subject to a $60 day of competition late fee.
3. Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
4. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
1. Starting times for the time trials will be at equal intervals, usually one minute, but no less than thirty seconds. No allowances will be made for mishaps, mechanical or otherwise.
2. Starting order for the time trials will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
3. Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent divisions will begin prior to the youngest male rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest.
4. Time Trials Recumbent divisions will begin following the oldest female rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
5. If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
6. The start sheet with the starting order and appointed starting times will be available for the rider’s perusal at least one hour before the start of each event.
7. The road races will be a staggered start by age divisions, youngest male divisions to oldest female divisions. The Event Director reserves the right to combine divisions as necessary.
8. The Time Trials will be held on a 5K and 10K out and back road course.
9. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes, if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S. Cycling Federation (USCF) rules, except as modified herein.
2. Helmets are mandatory (CPSC, ANSI, or SNELL approved with sticker affixed).
3. Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted. Recumbent bicycles may only race within the 5K and 10K Time Trials Recumbent Bicycle Division. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
4. There may be no protective shield, faring, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF. Bicycles with such modifications can be approved to participate in the 5K and 10K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent Bicycle Divisions ONLY. Motors are not permitted in any classification.
5. If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
6. In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start, but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
7. Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
8. In time trial events, no rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or two meters (seven feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
9. No restarts are permitted.
Hotel information is forthcoming.
Registration will be available by September 1, 2023.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
5K/10K Time Trials
20K/40K Road Races
CLICK HERE for a Florida’s Sports Coast Destination Guide.