LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
Thursday, December 6, 2018 – 5K & 10K Time Trials
Saturday, December 8, 2018 – 20K & 40K Road Race
Fort De Soto Park – Time Trials
3500 Pinellas Bayway S
Tierra Verde, Florida 33715
5K and 10K Course Map
Crest Lake Park – Road Race
201 S. Glenwood Avenue
Clearwater, Florida 33755
20K and 40K Course Map
Thursday, December 6
9 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – 5K Time Trial Check-in
Check-in will be held at the start/finish line
10 a.m. – 5K Time Trial Competition begins
9 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. – 10K Time Trial Check-in
Check-in will be held at the start/finish line
30 minutes following the 5K – 10K Time Trial Competition begins
Saturday, December 8
6:30 a.m. – 7 a.m. – 20K Road Race Check-in
7:30 a.m. – 20K Road Race Competition begins
6:30 a.m. – 8 a.m. – 40K Road Race Check-in
30 minutes following the 20K – 40K Road Race Competition begins
- 5K Time Trials – CY021
- 10K Time Trials – CY022
- 5K Time Trials Recumbent – CYR01
- 10K Time Trials Recumbent – CYR02
- 5K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent – CYM01
- 10K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent – CYM02
- 20K Road Race (18K) – CY023
- 40K Road Race (40.5K) – CY024
FLORIDA SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
Top 5 in each age group at a Series Qualifier site. Participants that qualify in one Cycling event are eligible for all Cycling events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to the Florida resident divisions).
- Cycling entry fee is $35 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $40 for the first event and $15 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
- All mailed entries must be received by November 16, 2018 or register online by November 18, 2018 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 18, 2018 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee and will be subject to a $50 day of competition late fee.
- Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
- Cyclists must provide their own bicycles and helmets.
- All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
- Starting times for the time trials will be at equal intervals, usually one minute, but no less than thirty seconds. No allowances will be made for mishaps, mechanical or otherwise.
- Starting order for the time trials will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
- Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent divisions will begin prior to the youngest male rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest.
- Time Trials Recumbent divisions will begin following the oldest female rider of the standard Time Trials. Starting order will be from youngest to oldest starting with males and ending with females.
- If a rider appears later than the appointed starting time, the start will be allowed only to the extent that in the judgment of the officials it does not interfere with other riders starting on schedule. If it does interfere, the rider may be further delayed. In case of a late start, the appointed starting time shall be used in computing results.
- The start sheet with the starting order and appointed starting times will be available for the rider’s perusal at least one hour before the start of each event.
- The road races will be a staggered start by age divisions, youngest male divisions to oldest female divisions. The Event Director reserves the right to combine divisions as necessary.
- The Time Trials will be held on a 5K and 10K out and back road course. The Road Race will be held on a 4.5K closed circuit road course. The 20K (18K) race will consist of four (4) laps and the 40K (40.5K) race will consist of nine (9) laps.
- Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes, if non-residents are in contention for medals.
- All cycling events will be conducted in accordance with U.S. Cycling Federation (USCF) rules, except as modified herein.
- Helmets are mandatory (Ansi or Snell approved with sticker affixed).
- Multi-gear (free wheel) bikes with front and rear brakes are required. Fixed gear and recumbent bicycles are not permitted. Recumbent bicycles may only race within the 5K and 10K Time Trials Recumbent Bicycle Division. All bicycles must be certified by race officials prior to the competition.
- There may be no protective shield, faring, or other device on any part of the bicycle (including, but not limited to, the frame, wheels, handlebars, chainwheel or accessories) that has the effect of reducing air resistance, except those allowed by the USCF. Bicycles with such modifications can be approved to participate in the 5K and 10K Time Trials Enclosed Recumbent Bicycle Divisions ONLY. Motors are not permitted in any classification.
- If in doubt about your qualification, check for an official ruling from the chief referee before your appointed starting time. Once the clock begins, your time is running and will not be adjusted.
- In time trial events, the rider shall be held by an official at the start, but shall be neither restrained nor pushed.
- Riders must stay to the right except when overtaking another rider. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- In time trial events, no rider shall take pace behind another rider closer than 25 meters (80 feet) ahead, or two meters (seven feet) to the side. A rider who is observed taking pace shall receive a time penalty.
- No restarts are permitted.
NATIONAL SENIOR GAMES QUALIFYING RULES
- All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at the 2018 Florida Senior Games will qualify for the 2019 National Senior Games, June 14-25, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Recumbent and Enclosed Recumbent are not National qualifying events.
- Athletes qualifying in a Time Trials event, may compete in either Time Trial event at the 2019 National Senior Games. Athletes qualifying in a Road Race event, may compete in either Road Race event at the 2019 National Senior Games.
FSF STAFF CONTACT
OJ Hill: (850) 410-5286 or OJHill@flasports.com
Felix Hernandez: firstname.lastname@example.org