Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 9, 2023
Location to be determined
Tentative Timetable of Events
Weigh-in: 7:00am to 8:30am for ALL athletes
Warm-up: 8:30am to 9:00am for ALL athletes
Competition: 9:00am to 1:00pm for ALL athletes
Awards: 1:00pm to 1:30pm
Raw Bench Press Only – PW001
Raw Deadlift Only – PW002
Raw Bench Press and Deadlift combined for Total – PW003
Raw Powerlifting (Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift for Total) – PW004
Note: This will be a Raw/Unequipped Championship only. The only equipment allowed to be used is: non-supportive Wrestling singlet, Weightlifting or Powerlifting belt, wrist wraps and neoprene knee sleeves. All lifters performing the deadlift will be required to wear shin length socks. Indoor athletic shoes must be worn – sneakers or Weightlifting shoes.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification events or totals required
1. Powerlifting entry fee is $55 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $65 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the competition during check-in time. There are NO refunds or credits for any reason.
2. All entries must be received by a November, 2023 date to be determined. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after the November, 2023 deadline date will not be guaranteed a t-shirt.
3. Age Divisions will be contested in accordance with Florida Senior Games five-year age increments starting with 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-100+.
4. Proof of age will be required at weigh-in (birth certificate w/ picture I.D., Driver’s License or State I.D.).
1. Each division will be divided into weight classes as follows:
- Women: 103.5lbs/47kgs, 114.5lbs/52kgs, 125.5lbs/57kgs, 138.75lbs/63kgs, 152.00lbs/69kgs, 167.50lbs/76.00kgs, 185lbs/84kgs, 185+lbs/84+kgs
- Men: 130.00lbs/59.00kgs, 145.50lbs/66.00kgs, 163.00lbs/74.00kgs, 182.75lbs/83.00kgs, 205.00lbs/93.00kgs, 231.25lbs/105.00kgs, 264.50lbs/120.00kgs, 264.50+lbs/120.00+kgs
2. In accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition, Medal placement will be determined by IPF Points for each age group
3. Each division will be divided into age groups in accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition.
4. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the bench press only competition.
5. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the deadlift only competition.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
7. This competition may be subject to testing by the United States Anti-doping Agency (USADA).
8. A special Champion of Champions award will be presented to the best overall male and female lifter in the Bench Press only, Deadlift Only and Combined Bench Press/Deadlift for Total and the Powerlifting competition. The overall best lifter awards will be calculated by the IPF GL formula.
The Florida Senior Games will be sanctioned by Powerlifting America (2022-FL-13)
All athletes shall require a membership with Powerlifting America. All memberships purchased on or after October 1, 2022, shall expire on December 31, 2023.
The Membership can be found here:
Why are we requiring a membership to Powerlifting America?
Powerlifting America is the National Governing Body for the Sport of Powerlifting in the United States. It is also responsible for sanctioning local and regional events where powerlifters can compete in hopes of qualifying for the national level events. Powerlifting America sanctions several National Championships in all age groups, giving athletes a chance to see how they fare against competitors across the country. Top competitors are selected by Powerlifting America to compete in seven IPF world championships- the World Men’s and Women’s Powerlifting Championships, World Junior and Sub-Junior Powerlifting Championships, World Master’s Powerlifting Championships, the World Bench Press Championships, and World Master’s Bench Press Championships.
Powerlifting America, through its affiliation with the IPF, also sends a national team to participate in the World Games. The World Games is an international multi-sports event hosted by the International World Games Association (IGWA), under the patronage of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The event consists of official sports and demonstration sports selected from those not included in the Olympic Games. The Games are held every fourth year, following the year of the Summer Olympics.
More information about Powerlifting America and IPF Technical Rules: www.powerlifting-america.com
Raw division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (No velcro belts or padding on the inside of the belt), wrist wraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer knee sleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the 2022 Florida Senior Games Rule Book.
Hotel information is forthcoming.
Registration will be available by September 1, 2023.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
State Director Contact Information
firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 790-2249
CLICK HERE for a Florida’s Sports Coast Destination Guide.