Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Competition will begin with weigh-ins at 7:30 a.m.
Raw Bench Press Only – PW001
Raw Dead Lift Only – PW002
Raw Bench Press/Deadlift for Total – PW003
Raw Powerlifting – PW004
Note: This will be a Raw/Unequipped Championship only. The only equipment allowed to be used is: non-supportive Wrestling singlet, Weightlifting or Powerlifting belt, wrist wraps and neoprene knee sleeves. All lifters performing the deadlift will be required to wear knee length socks. Indoor athletic shoes must be worn – sneakers or Weightlifting shoes.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. Powerlifting entry fee is $55 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $60 for the first event and $15 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the competition during check-in time. There are NO refunds or credits for any reason.
2. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
3. All mailed entries must be received by November 15, 2019 or register online by November 17, 2019 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Athletes registering after November 17, 2019 are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
4. Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
5. Divisions will be contested in accordance with Senior Games five-year age increments starting with 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-100+.
6. Proof of age will be required at weigh-in (birth certificate w/ picture I.D., Driver’s License or State I.D.).
1. Each division will be divided into weight classes as follows:Men (lbs)114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 220, 242, 275, 308, 308+Women (lbs)97, 105, 114, 123, 132, 148, 165, 181, 198, 198+
2. Each division will be divided into age groups in accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition.
3. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the bench press only competition.
4. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the deadlift only competition.
5. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
6. This is competition may be drug-tested — 10% of the athletes will be tested.
7. A special Champion of Champions award will be presented to the best overall male and female lifter in the Bench Press only, Deadlift Only and Combined Bench Press/Deadlift for Total and Powerlifting competitions. The overall best lifter awards will be calculated by the IPF Wilks formula.
One-piece singlet must be worn, as a minimum for all lifters. Under must be “V” type legless, aka “tighty whities,” or jockstrap. No compression shorts or spandex allowed.
Raw division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (No velcro belts or padding on the inside of the belt), wristwraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer kneesleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
Classic division: is raw except it allows up to 2.5 meter kneewraps for the squat.
Single Ply rules: Single-Ply squat, bench, and deadlift suits only! No velcro straps on the squat/deadlift suit. Velcro is allowed on the bench shirt, but must close the back completely- no open back shirts. No velcro straps allowed on squat or deadlift suit. No support briefs allowed in single ply.
CLICK HERE to register online for 2019 Florida Senior Games Powerlifting.
CLICK HERE to download the registration form and individual waiver to register by mail.
To access the 2019 Florida Senior Games hotel survey, click here.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 410-5286 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(727) 748-2975 or email@example.com
(850) 488-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com