Schedule and Location
Greater Fort Lauderdale Area Location TBD
Raw Bench Press Only – PW001
Raw Deadlift Only – PW002
Raw Bench Press and Deadlift combined for Total – PW003
Raw Powerlifting (Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift for Total) – PW004
USA Powerlifting Event Sanctioning Number: FL-2020-16
Note: This will be a Raw/Unequipped Championship only. The only equipment allowed to be used is: non-supportive Wrestling singlet, Weightlifting or Powerlifting belt, wrist wraps and neoprene knee sleeves. All lifters performing the deadlift will be required to wear shin length socks. Indoor athletic shoes must be worn – sneakers or Weightlifting shoes.
Championship Timetable of Events
Sunday, December 13, 2020
7:00 am to 8:30 am – Weigh-in & equipment check for women’s weight classes 47kgs to 84+kgs
7:00 am to 8:30 am – Weigh-in & equipment check for men’s weight classes 59kg to 74kg
8:30 am to 9:00 am – Rules briefing/lifter warm-up for women’s weight classes 47kgs to 84+kgs
8:30 am to 9:00 am – Rules briefing/lifter warm-up for men’s weight classes 59kgs to 74kgs
9:00 am to 1:00 pm – Competition lifting for all athletes
1:00 pm to 1:30 pm – Awards presentation/Drug-testing Protocol
12:00 pm to 1:30 pm – Weigh-in & equipment check for Men’s weight classes 83kgs, 93kgs, 105kgs, 120kgs &120+kgs
1:30 pm to 2:00 pm – Rules briefing/lifter warm-up for Men’s weight classes 83kgs, 93kgs, 105kgs, 120kgs and 120+kgs
2:00 am to 6:00 pm – Competition lifting for all athletes
6:00 pm to 6:30 pm – Awards presentation/Drug-testing Protocol
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. Powerlifting entry fee is $55 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $60 for the first event and $15 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the competition during check-in time. There are NO refunds or credits for any reason.
2. All entries must be received by November 20, 2021 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Athletes registering after November 20, 2021 are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
3. Age Divisions will be contested in accordance with Senior Games five-year age increments starting with 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-100+.
4. Proof of age will be required at weigh-in (birth certificate w/ picture I.D., Driver’s License or State I.D.).
1. Each division will be divided into weight classes as follows:
- Women: 103.5lbs/47kgs, 114.5lbs/52kgs, 125.5lbs/57kgs, 138.75lbs/63kgs, 158.5lbs/72kgs, 185lbs/84kgs, 185+lbs/84+kgs
- Men: 130.00lbs/59.00kgs, 145.50lbs/66.00kgs, 163.00lbs/74.00kgs, 182.75lbs/83.00kgs, 205.00lbs/93.00kgs, 231.25lbs/105.00kgs, 264.50lbs/120.00kgs, 264.50+lbs/120.00+kgs
2. In accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition, Medal placement will be determined by IPF Points for each age group
3. Each division will be divided into age groups in accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition.
4. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the bench press only competition.
5. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the deadlift only competition.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
7. This is competition will be drug-tested — 10% of the athletes will be tested.
8. A special Champion of Champions award will be presented to the best overall male and female lifter in the Bench Press only, Deadlift Only and Combined Bench Press/Deadlift for Total and Powerlifting competitions. The overall best lifter awards will be calculated by the IPF formula.
8. Each athlete will be required to have a USA Powerlifting Membership Card for this event. Memberships can be purchased on-line here: https://www.usapowerlifting.com/membership-application/
The Senior Games Powerlifting Event will be sanctioned by USA Powerlifting this year! As such, every athlete will be required to have a USA Powerlifting Membership to lift in the competition. The membership application can be found on-line here: https://www.usapowerlifting.com/member-tools/membership.php
The membership will be required to presented at the competition registration. If you purchase your membership on or after November 1, 2021, your membership will be valid until December 31, 2022.
Why are we requiring a membership to USA Powerlifting?
USA Powerlifting is the National Governing Body for the Sport of Powerlifting nationally. It is also responsible for sanctioning local and regional events where powerlifters can compete in hopes of qualifying for the national level events. USA Powerlifting sanctions several National Championships in all age groups, giving athletes a chance to see how they fare against competitors across the country. Top competitors are selected by USA Powerlifting to compete in seven IPF world championships- the World Men’s and Women’s Powerlifting Championships, World Junior and Sub-Junior Powerlifting Championships, World Master’s Powerlifting Championships, the World Bench Press Championships, and World Master’s Bench Press Championships.
USA Powerlifting, through its affiliation with the IPF, also sends a national team to participate in the World Games. The World Games is an international multi-sports event hosted by the International World Games Association (IGWA), under the patronage of the International Olympic Committee (IOC). The event consists of official sports and demonstration sports selected from those not included in the Olympic Games. The Games are held every fourth year, following the year of the Summer Olympics.
In the United States, USA Powerlifting has representative chairs in each states. Each state chair is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of USA Powerlifting’s local competitions, state championships and state records. USA Powerlifting operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. An Executive Committee, headed by the President, is responsible for the operations of the organization. The Executive Committee acts as the official liaison with the IPF and oversees national competitions and national team selections. Additional responsibilities include directing the national office and supervising sponsorship and membership activities.
More information about USA Powerlifting: www.usapowerlifting.com
One-piece singlet must be worn, as a minimum for all lifters. Only “briefs” or a jockstrap can be worn under your singlet. NO compression shorts or spandex bike shorts allowed. Please contact Robert Keller, the FSF Sport Director, by email if you require assistance with obtaining a one-piece singlet for the competition. You may reach him at: email@example.com or 954.790.2249.
Raw division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (No velcro belts or padding on the inside of the belt), wrist wraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer knee sleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
Hotel information for the powerlifting competition is forthcoming.
Registration information is forthcoming.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com