Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 14, 2019
Miramar Youth Enrichment Center
7000 Miramar Pkwy.
Miramar, Florida 33025
Competition will begin with weigh-ins at 7:30 a.m. Lifting shall begin 9:30a.m. sharp.
Raw Bench Press Only – PW001
Raw Dead Lift Only – PW002
Raw Bench Press/Deadlift for Total – PW003
Raw Powerlifting – PW004
USA Powerlifting Event Sanctioning Number: FL-2019-16
Note: This will be a Raw/Unequipped Championship only. The only equipment allowed to be used is: non-supportive Wrestling singlet, Weightlifting or Powerlifting belt, wrist wraps and neoprene knee sleeves. All lifters performing the deadlift will be required to wear shin length socks. Indoor athletic shoes must be worn – sneakers or Weightlifting shoes.
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. Powerlifting entry fee is $55 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $60 for the first event and $15 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed at the competition during check-in time. There are NO refunds or credits for any reason.
2. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in. This will be a mandatory item.
3. All mailed entries must be received by November 15, 2019 or register online by November 17, 2019 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Athletes registering after November 17, 2019 are not guaranteed a t-shirt.
4. Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
5. Age Divisions will be contested in accordance with Senior Games five-year age increments starting with 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-100+.
6. Proof of age will be required at weigh-in (birth certificate w/ picture I.D., Driver’s License or State I.D.).
1. Each division will be divided into weight classes as follows:
- Women: 103.5lbs/47kgs, 114.5lbs/52kgs, 125.5lbs/57kgs, 138.75lbs/63kgs, 158.5lbs/72kgs, 185lbs/84kgs, 185+lbs/84+kgs
- Men: 130.00lbs/59.00kgs, 145.50lbs/66.00kgs, 163.00lbs/74.00kgs, 182.75lbs/83.00kgs, 205.00lbs/93.00kgs, 231.25lbs/105.00kgs, 264.50lbs/120.00kgs, 264.50+lbs/120.00+kgs
2. Each division will be divided into age groups in accordance with Florida Senior Games Rules of Competition.
3. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the bench press only competition.
4. Each athlete shall be granted three (3) attempts in the deadlift only competition.
5. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
6. This is competition will be drug-tested — 10% of the athletes will be tested.
7. A special Champion of Champions award will be presented to the best overall male and female lifter in the Bench Press only, Deadlift Only and Combined Bench Press/Deadlift for Total and Powerlifting competitions. The overall best lifter awards will be calculated by the IPF formula.
8. Each athlete will be required to have a USA Powerlifting Membership Card for this event. Memberships can be purchased on-line here: https://www.usapowerlifting.com/membership-application/
One-piece singlet must be worn, as a minimum for all lifters. Only “briefs” or a jockstrap can be worn under your singlet. NO compression shorts or spandex bike shorts allowed. Please contact Robert Keller, the FSF Sport Director, by email if you require assistance with obtaining a one-piece singlet for the competition. You may reach him at: email@example.com or 954.790.2249.
Raw division: requires a one piece singlet, and allows 4 inch wide buckle or lever belt (No velcro belts or padding on the inside of the belt), wristwraps can be up to 1 meter, and single layer kneesleeves. Over the calf long socks required for the deadlift for all lifters.
Registration for the 2019 Florida Senior Games presented by Humana is closed.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7201 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org