Schedule and Location
18 Holes – Scratch – GF018
36 Holes – Scratch – GF036
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary.
1. 18 Hole Golf entry fee is $75 for Florida residents and $85 for non-residents and includes an event t-shirt, greens fees, cart fees and lunch. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
2. 36 Hole Golf entry fee is $145 for Florida residents and $155 for non-residents. Competitors in 36 Hole tournament will be eligible for awards for 18 Hole and 36 Hole competitions.
3. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
4. Golfers must provide their own clubs and balls.
5. Golf cart use during official competition is mandatory.
6. Foursome assignments will be made by the Event Director.
7. Appropriate golf attire is required. Collared shirts, non-denim slacks and golf shorts are acceptable. Soft spikes or tennis shoes are the only acceptable footwear.
8. PGA members may compete as long as they are not on the PGA Tour and adhere to the definition of a professional. The Florida Sports Foundation has the right to determine professional status.
1. The tournament will be 18-hole and 36-hole medal play. Handicaps are not used.
2. Women’s divisions will play from the #5 green tees on the East course.
3. Men’s divisions 50-54,55-59, 60-64 and 65-69 will play from the #3 blue tees on the East course.
4. Men’s divisions 70-74,75-79,80-84,85-89 and 90+ will play from the #4 white tees on the East course.
5. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
6. Each day, prizes will be given for men and women best overall score, longest drive and closest to the pin.
1. This tournament will be conducted in accordance with United States Golf Association (USGA) rules, except as modified herein. Local rules will also be in effect.
2. Spectators are permitted on the course but must remain at least 25 feet away from tee boxes, fairways and greens. A limited number of rental carts will be available on a first come basis.
3. Caddies are not permitted.
4. USGA rules regarding coaching will be strictly enforced.
5. USGA rules regarding pace of play will be observed.
6. Range finders of any type are permitted.
7. In the event of a tie between 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, the USGA tie-breaking procedure of matching scorecards will be implemented. The player with the best score on the last nine holes will win the higher medal. If players have the same score for the last 9 holes, the last 6 holes will be compared, then 3 holes and then finally the 18th hole.
8. Dress Code: Men must wear slacks or shorts excluding denim jeans, bathing suits or trunks. Shirts must be worn at all times and must have sleeves. No cutoffs, tank-top shirts, muscle shirts or commercial tee shirts will be allowed. Appropriate mock turtleneck and turtleneck shirts are allowed. Women must wear appropriate tops, skirts, culottes or shorts excluding cut-off jeans, bathing suits and workout attire. Appropriate tops do not include halter-tops or tank tops. No personal coolers or any food or beverage products not supplied by the club are allowed on the course.
Hotel information for the golf competition is forthcoming.
Registration for the 2020 Florida Senior Games is forthcoming.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
(352) 222-5385 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7201 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org