Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 14 & Sunday, December 15
3650 SW 10th St.
Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442
8:00 a.m. ………. Check-in
9:00 a.m. ………. Competition begins
All teams should be prepared to play Saturday and Sunday, but every reasonable effort will be made to finish each division in one of the days. There will be a mandatory captains meeting the morning of competition. All teams should be prepared to play starting at 9 a.m. or earlier depending on number of teams.
Men 50+ – VB550
Men 55+ – VB555
Men 60+ – VB560
Men 65+ – VB565
Men 70+ – VB570
Men 75+ – VB575
Women 50+ – VB650
Women 55+ – VB655
Women 60+ – VB660
Women 65+ – VB665
Women 70+ – VB670
Women 75+ – VB675
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Team entry fee is $175 per team per division, and includes an event t-shirt for each player / coach on the roster. T-shirts for all team players and coaches must be picked up by a team representative at the Mandatory Captains Meeting. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
2. All mailed entries must be received by November 15, 2019 or register online by November 17, 2019 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Team registering after November 17, 2019 will not be guaranteed t-shirts and may be subject to a $50 late fee.
3. Team entry form and entry fees should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
4. Team waiver forms are not due until the Mandatory Captains Meeting. All team captains must submit a team waiver form signed by all players / coaches on the roster.
5. Team coach/manager completes and submits the team entry application.
6. Teams must be all one gender.
7. Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
8. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. See Rule F for exceptions for non-playing personnel.
9. Athletes may compete with up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions and are scheduled to play at different times.
10. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member.
1. If numbers are conducive, teams will be divided into pools within their age divisions. Within each pool a single round-robin tournament will be played. At the conclusion of the round-robin tournament or play, winners will advance and play a single-elimination tournament. If pools are equal, the top two teams will advance to a single elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
2. Net height will be in accordance with USA Volleyball rules.
3. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida teams. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall teams if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Volleyball (USAV) rules, except as modified herein.
2. Team clothing should be of like design and color. The player’s jerseys must be numbered in a permanent manner from 1 to 99 using Arabic numerals. Duplicate numbers are not allowed. The numbers must be placed on the jersey at the center of the front and of the back. Minimum 4 inches on the chest and minimum 6 inches on the back. Sponsors may be added to the jersey but cannot interfere with number placement. Uniforms shall be free of inappropriate symbols or wording.
3. A team must have at least five players present to start a game; otherwise, the game is forfeited. Teams will be allowed a five-minute grace period to assemble a minimum of five players. The sixth player may enter upon arrival. In the event of injury, a team may continue/finish with a minimum of four players on the floor.
4. Teams competing with only five players shall always have three players on the front row. No service rotation penalty shall be assessed for not having six players.
5. To win the match, a team must win two out of three games.
6. In round robin play, USA Volleyball rules governing tie-breakers will be used.
7. Two Liberos are permitted and may be changed from set to set and not have to be designated for their match.
To access hotel information close to the volleyball venue, click here.
Registration for the 2019 Florida Senior Games presented by Humana is closed.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7201 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org