Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 11 and Sunday, December 12
David Posnack Jewish Community Center
5850 S Pine Island Road
Davie, Florida 33328
Saturday, December 11
8:00 a.m. – Women’s Competition Begins
CLICK HERE for Saturday December 11 Women’s Schedule
Sunday, December 12
8:00 a.m. – Men’s Competition Begins
CLICK HERE for Sunday, December 12 Men’s Schedule
List of Registered Teams and Players (As of November 4)
Men 50+ – VB550
Men 55+ – VB555
Men 60+ – VB560
Men 65+ – VB565
Men 70+ – VB570
Men 75+ – VB575
Women 50+ – VB650
Women 55+ – VB655
Women 60+ – VB660
Women 65+ – VB665
Women 70+ – VB670
Women 75+ – VB675
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Team entry fee is $175 per team per division, and includes an event t-shirt for each player / coach on the roster. T-shirts for all team players and coaches must be picked up by a team representative at the Mandatory Captains Meeting.
2. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Team registering after November 15, 2021 will not be guaranteed t-shirts and may be subject to a $50 late fee.
3. Team waiver forms are not due until the Mandatory Captains Meeting. All team captains must submit a team waiver form signed by all players / coaches on the roster.
4. Team coach/manager completes and submits the team entry application.
5. Teams must be all one gender.
6. Team roster shall be limited to 15 persons, including non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel.
7. All registration and team rules apply to non-playing coaches, non-playing captains and non-playing bench personnel. See Rule F for exceptions for non-playing personnel.
8. Athletes may compete with up to two teams per sport providing that the teams are in different age divisions and are scheduled to play at different times.
9. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email email@example.com to remove your name from the list.”
1. If numbers are conducive, teams will be divided into pools within their age divisions. Within each pool a single round-robin tournament will be played. At the conclusion of the round-robin tournament or play, winners will advance and play a single-elimination tournament. If pools are equal, the top two teams will advance to a single elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
2. Net height will be in accordance with USA Volleyball rules.
3. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Volleyball (USAV) rules, except as modified herein.
2. Team clothing should be of like design and color. The player’s jerseys must be numbered in a permanent manner from 1 to 99 using Arabic numerals. Duplicate numbers are not allowed. The numbers must be placed on the jersey at the center of the front and of the back. Minimum 4 inches on the chest and minimum 6 inches on the back. Sponsors may be added to the jersey but cannot interfere with number placement. Uniforms shall be free of inappropriate symbols or wording.
3. A team must have at least five players present to start a game; otherwise, the game is forfeited. Teams will be allowed a five-minute grace period to assemble a minimum of five players. The sixth player may enter upon arrival. In the event of injury, a team may continue/finish with a minimum of four players on the floor.
4. Teams competing with only five players shall always have three players on the front row. No service rotation penalty shall be assessed for not having six players.
5. To win the match, a team must win two out of three games.
6. In round robin play, USA Volleyball rules governing tie-breakers will be used.
7. Two Liberos are permitted and may be changed from set to set and not have to be designated for their match.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org