Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 10 & Sunday, December 11, 2022
Zephyrhills Shuffleboard Club
5209 8t Street
Zephyrhills, Florida 33542
Daily Schedule of Events
Saturday, December 10
8:15 a.m.: Check In
9:00 a.m.: Men and Ladies Singles
Sunday, December 11
8:15 a.m.: Check In
9:00 a.m.: Doubles Competition Begins
Singles – SF033
Doubles – SF034
Non-Ambulatory Singles – SF035
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
The top 5 in each age group at Florida Senior Games Series Qualifier will qualify for the 2022 Florida Senior Games. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to Florida residents). Non-Ambulatory events do not require qualifying.
1. Shuffleboard entry fee is $20 for the first event and $3 for each additional event for Florida residents (Non-qualified Florida resident athletes are $10 extra). Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $3 for each additional event for non-residents (Non-qualified out-of-state athletes are $15 extra). Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
2. All entries must be received by November 14, 2022. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 14, 2022 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
4. Doubles partners may be mixed gender.
5. The age division of competition for Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
6. Athletes must provide their own cues. Disks will be provided.
1. If numbers are conducive, athletes will be divided into pools within their age divisions and play a round robin. If there is only one pool, the first, second and third place winners will be determined at the completion of the round robin (after any ties are broken). If there is more than one pool, the first and second place team/persons in each pool will advance to a single elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
2. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. All shuffleboard matches will be conducted in accordance with Florida Shuffleboard Association and National Shuffleboard Association rules, except as modified herein.
2. For Non-Ambulatory events, the tournament director has the option of moving the foul lines closer to allow the athletes a shorter court.
3. For Non-Ambulatory events, the athlete must be seated in their wheelchair or scooter for the entire duration of competition.
4. Singles matches will consist of 12 frames. Players will change color after 6 frames, but not ends. In case of a tie, two frames will be played.
5. Two matches will be played on one court at the same time. Opposing players will play from the same end of the court. Players will not change ends after any frame.
6. Doubles matches will consist of 16 frames. Partners will play from opposite ends of the court. Each partner shall complete eight frames. Players will not switch ends at any time after the start of the match. Teams will change color after 8 frames. The team with the highest point score at the end of 16 total frames will be the winner. In case of a tie, the number of average points per game of the tied teams will determine place.
7. The cue shall not have an overall length of more than 6’-3″. No metal part of the cue shall touch the playing surface.
8. Each player will have four disks for practice before the start of each match.
9. Players should be prepared to compete the entire day.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the 2022 Florida Senior Games Rule Book.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2022 is a qualifying year for the 2023 National Senior Games, to be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, July 7-18, 2023. All first, second, third and fourth place winners at the 2022 Florida Senior Games will qualify for the 2023 National Senior Games. Athletes must qualify in each shuffleboard event (singles, open doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2023 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(863) 398-5672 or email@example.com
CLICK HERE for a Florida’s Sports Coast Destination Guide.