Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 4
David Posnack Jewish Community Center
5850 S Pine Island Road
Davie, Florida 33328
Men 50+ – BK550
Men 55+ – BK555
Men 60+ – BK560
Men 65+ – BK565
Men 70+ – BK570
Men 75+ – BK575
Men 80+ – BK580
Women 50+ – BK650
Women 55+ – BK655
Women 60+ – BK660
Women 65+ – BK665
Women 70+ – BK670
Women 75+ – BK675
Women 80+ – BK680
List of Registered Basketball Teams and Players (As of November 14)
Mem’s and Women’s Basketball Schedules for Saturday, December 4 (1:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.)
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualifying required
1. Florida=based team entry fee is $135 per team per division. Entry fee for non-Florida based team is $145. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt for each player / coach on the roster. T-shirts for all team players and coaches must be picked up by a team representative at the Mandatory Captains Meeting.
2. All entries must be received by November 15, 2021 at http://florida.fusesport.com/registration/1467. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Teams registering after November`15, 2021 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $30 late fee.
3. Team waiver forms are not due until the Mandatory Captains Meeting. All team captains must submit a team waiver form signed by all players / coaches on the roster.
4. Teams must be of all one gender. There are separate tournaments for each gender.
5. Team rosters shall be limited to 10 players including non-playing captains, coaches and bench personnel. Changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F of the Florida Senior Games rules of competition.
6. Athletes may play on up to two Basketball teams providing that the teams are in different age divisions and are scheduled to play at different times.
7. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to remove your name from the list.”
1. If numbers are conducive, teams will be divided into pools within their age divisions. Within each pool a single round-robin tournament will be played. At the conclusion of the round robin, winners will advance and play a single-elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
2. Ties for seeding will be broken in the following manner:
a. Overall record
b. Head-to-head competition
c. Point differential – a maximum of 13 points will be awarded towards point differential, regardless of final score
d. Coin toss
3. Forfeits shall be scored 7-0.
4. Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on number of teams.
5. Teams are guaranteed three games.
6. Teams will not play more than three games in one day.
7. Competition balls will be provided.
8. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals.
This tournament will be conducted in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules, except as modified. CLICK HERE for a complete set of Florida Senior Games rules.
CLICK HERE for Hotel information.
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
Cory Rollins, (954) 305-0875
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org