Schedule and Location
Men 50+ – BK550
Men 55+ – BK555
Men 60+ – BK560
Men 65+ – BK565
Men 70+ – BK570
Men 75+ – BK575
Men 80+ – BK580
Women 50+ – BK650
Women 55+ – BK655
Women 60+ – BK660
Women 65+ – BK665
Women 70+ – BK670
Women 75+ – BK675
Women 80+ – BK680
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualifying required
1. Team entry fee is $135 per team per division, and includes an event t-shirt for each player / coach on the roster. T-shirts for all team players and coaches must be picked up by a team representative at the Mandatory Captains Meeting. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
2. All entries must be received by November 20, 2020 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Teams registering after November 20, 2020 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $30 late fee.
3. Team waiver forms are not due until the Mandatory Captains Meeting. All team captains must submit a team waiver form signed by all players / coaches on the roster.
4. Teams must be of all one gender. There are separate tournaments for each gender.
5. Team rosters shall be limited to 10 players including non-playing captains, coaches and bench personnel. Changes shall be allowed only as permitted under Rule F of the Florida International Senior Games & State Championships rules of competition.
6. Athletes may play on up to two Basketball teams providing that the teams are in different age divisions and are scheduled to play at different times.
7. Age divisions for all team competition will be determined by the age of the youngest team member.
1. If numbers are conducive, teams will be divided into pools within their age divisions. Within each pool a single round-robin tournament will be played. At the conclusion of the round robin, winners will advance and play a single-elimination tournament. If entries are not conducive, a double-elimination tournament will be played within the age division.
2. Ties for seeding will be broken in the following manner:
a. Overall record
b. Head-to-head competition
c. Point differential – a maximum of 13 points will be awarded towards point differential, regardless of final score
d. Coin toss
3. Forfeits shall be scored 7-0.
4. Event Director reserves the right to modify format based on number of teams.
5. Teams are guaranteed three games.
6. Teams will not play more than three games in one day.
7. Competition balls will be provided.
8. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida teams. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall teams, if non-resident teams are in contention for medals.
This tournament will be conducted in accordance with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules, except as modified. Visit www.floridaseniorgames.com for a complete set of rules.
Hotel information for the basketball competition is forthcoming.
Registration for the 2020 Florida Senior Games is forthcoming.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or email@example.com
(352) 262-5755 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 577-7201 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org