Schedule and Location
Wednesday, December 11-Thursday, December 12, 2019
Broward Table Tennis Club
3371 N. University Dr.
Hollywood, Florida 33024
Singles – PP048Doubles – PP049
Mixed Doubles – PP050
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
Top 5 in each age group at Local Games Qualifying site. Participants qualifying for one Table Tennis event are eligible for all Table Tennis events. (Note: qualifying is only applicable to State Championships – Florida resident divisions).
1. Table Tennis entry fee is $25 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $30 for the first event and $10 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt (athletes competing in multiple sports will only receive one t-shirt). T-shirts will be available on-site at designated competition check-in times. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
2. All mailed entries must be received by November 15, 2019 or register online by November 17, 2019 at floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries will NOT be accepted.
3. Athletes registering after November 17, 2019 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
4. Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at flasports.com.
5. It is each athlete’s responsibility to confirm their registration. Registration confirmation will be available online at floridaseniorgames.com or by calling the Florida Sports Foundation at 850-488-8347.
6. Players must provide their own paddles. WHITE NITTAKU 3 STAR PREMIUM 40+ JAPANESE POLY BALLS will be provided.
7. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
8. The age division of competition for Doubles and Mixed Doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
9. Doubles partners must be of the same gender.
10. Entry changes are not permitted on-site. All changes of events, partners or divisions must be made prior to November 17, 2019, with Florida Sports Foundation.
1. For singles competition a round robin format will be utilized. For divisions with 6 or less players, each player will play each other and winners will be determined by their playing record. For divisions with 7 or more players, the division will be broken into pools, playing a preliminary round robin within the pool. ONE or TWO winners from each pool will advance to a single elimination.
2. Round Robin format will be used for doubles and mixed doubles (same procedure as singles above).
3. Play shall consist of a five game match. The winner shall be the first player to win three games.
4. The first player to score 11 points wins a game, unless both players have scored 10 points. In that situation, the serve changes each point and the winner is the first player to score a two-point lead.
5. Play shall be continuous throughout the match with a two-minute break between games.
6. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
1. The main color of a shirt, skirt or shorts, other than sleeves or collar of a shirt and trimming along side seams or near the edges, shall be clearly different from that of the ball in use (white ball will be used).
2. The Expedite System shall not be in effect with the following exception. The Event Director may invoke the system to keep the tournament on schedule. The system may be placed in effect during a match, but must not be placed in effect in the middle of a game.
3. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Table Tennis (USATT) rules, except as modified herein.
4. Tournament Director reserves the right to change / modify format of any event
CLICK HERE to register online for 2019 Florida Senior Games Table Tennis
CLICK HERE to download the registration form and individual waiver to register by mail.
To access the 2019 Florida Senior Games hotel survey, click here.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 410-5286 or email@example.com
(863) 370-5163 cell or firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant State Director
(229) 977-5799 or email@example.com
(850) 488-1422 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com