Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 3 & Sunday, December 4, 2022
Location to be determined
Singles – RQ029
Doubles – RQ030
Mixed Doubles – RQ031
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Racquetball entry fee is $25 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $35 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time.
3. Athletes must provide their own racquets and eye guards. Racquetballs will be provided.
4. USA Racquetball membership is required. Membership information will be available on-site and a limited membership will be available for $25 on-site. Membership payments on-site must be made with cash or check only. Memberships are also available online at www.usra.org or www.usaracquetball.com.
While the Florida Senior Games offers a “Partner Finder,” service for those in need of a doubles or team partner, It is the responsibility of the athlete to make contact with other athletes. FSG will not put together teams or form partnerships. Florida Senior Games staff and sport directors will not assign partners at the Games.
CLICK HERE to post your entry. By posting the entry, you are agreeing that your information will be shared with other athletes, captains, and/or coaches.
CLICK HERE to see a listing of potential partners and teams. Once you have found a team/partner, please email email@example.com to remove your name from the list.”
1. Round Robin or double elimination format will be used if possible.
2. Players will be guaranteed two matches per event entered.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
4. Doubles teams must play in the age category of the youngest doubles partner.
5. The intention is to play matches with two games to 15 points and tiebreakers to 11 points. It is likely that some modification will be made to the format to accommodate the number of players in each division.
6. Indoor, air-conditioned courts will be used.
7. Event Director reserves the right to modify the format to best suit the competition.
8. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
This event is sanctioned by USA Racquetball (USAR) and all matches will be conducted in accordance with USAR rules, except as modified herein.
CLICK HERE for a copy of the 2022 Florida Senior Games Rule Book.
National Senior Games Qualifying Rules
2022 is a qualifying year for the 2023 National Senior Games, to be held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, June 7-18, 2023.
All first-, second-, third- and fourth-place winners at 2021 NSGA qualifying games will qualify for the 2022 National Senior Games. Athletes must qualify in each racquetball event (singles, doubles and mixed doubles) in which they wish to compete at the 2022 National Senior Games, except when Rule E applies.
Hotel information is forthcoming.
CLICK HERE for Registration information.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 577-7207 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 322-3404 or email@example.com