Schedule and Location
Saturday, December 14-Sunday, December 15, 2019
David Posnack Jewish Community Center
5850 S Pine Island Rd.
Davie, Florida 33328
Players are required to check in 30 minutes prior to each match. Players may play multiple matches in a single day. Play will continue on Sunday, if necessary.
Singles – RQ029
Doubles – RQ030
Mixed Doubles – RQ031
Florida Senior Games Qualifying Rules
OPEN – no qualification performance is necessary
1. Racquetball entry fee is $20 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for Florida residents. Entry fee is $25 for the first event and $5 for each additional event for non-residents. Entry fee includes an event t-shirt. T-shirts will be distributed on-site at designated competition check-in time. A short survey will be required to be completed at check-in. This survey can be found online at www.floridaseniorgames.com, and can be completed in advance and brought to check-in.
2. All mailed entries must be received by November 15, 2019 or register online by November 17, 2019 at www.floridaseniorgames.com. Late entries may be accepted at the discretion of the Event Director. Athletes registering after November 17, 2019 will not be guaranteed a t-shirt and may be subject to a $10 late fee.
3. Entry forms, waiver of liability and entry fee should be made payable to the Florida Sports Foundation (FSF). Save a stamp and beat the deadline! Register online at www.floridaseniorgames.com.
5. Athletes must provide their own racquets and eye guards. Racquetballs will be provided.
6. USA Racquetball membership is required. Membership information will be available on-site and a limited membership will be available for $20 on-site. Membership payments on-site must be made with cash or check only. Memberships are also available online at www.usra.org or www.usaracquetball.com.
1. Round Robin or double elimination format will be used if possible.
2. Players will be guaranteed two matches per event entered.
3. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
4. Doubles teams must play in the age category of the youngest doubles partner.
5. The intention is to play matches with two games to 15 points and tiebreakers to 11 points. It is likely that some modification will be made to the format to accommodate the number of players in each division.
6. Indoor, air-conditioned courts will be used.
7. Event Director reserves the right to modify the format to best suit the competition.
8. Fourth place ribbons will be awarded in addition to Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for Florida residents. Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top overall athletes if non-residents are in contention for medals.
This event is sanctioned by USA Racquetball (USAR) and all matches will be conducted in accordance with USAR rules, except as modified herein.
To access hotel information close to the racquetball venue, click here.
CLICK HERE to register online for 2019 Florida Senior Games Racquetball.
CLICK HERE to download the registration form and individual waiver to register by mail.
To access the 2019 Florida Senior Games hotel survey, click here.
FSF Staff Contact
(850) 420-5286 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(850) 488-1422 or email@example.com
(850) 322-3404 or firstname.lastname@example.org